Last Updated: July 9, 2021
- SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
CAL FAMILY SOLUTIONS (“We,” “Our,” “Us”) respects Your privacy and wants You to understand how We collect, use, and share any data about You, our visitor. This Policy applies only to information collected through this Site. We also respect Your right to make choices about how We collect, use, and disclose Your information. This Policy describes some of Your choices, such as Your choice to opt-in to receiving Our newsletter or to opt out of receiving “cookies.” Note that this Policy does not apply to information collected through other channels, such as over the phone or in person.
Minors should not use the Site. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about minors. Parents who believe that We may have collected the personal information from a minor can submit a request that it be removed by contacting Us at [email protected]
III. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When You engage in certain activities on the Site, such as registering for Our newsletter, request information, or contact Us directly, We may ask You to provide personal “identifying information.” Identifying information might include Your name and email address. If You contact Us (via email, phone, text, messaging platform, or through our social media channels), we may collect and store Your name, email address, the content of Your message, information about Your business and any other data You provide.
If You submit this information via a third-party platform, the collection, use, and sharing of Your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party. Please keep in mind that We do not sell, license, or otherwise disclose Your personal information to third-parties for their marketing purposes without Your consent.
Additionally, we may also invite You to complete a survey, provide feedback, or participate in a promotion (like a giveaway), either through our Site or a third-party platform. If You participate, we will collect and store the data You provide Us as part of Your participation, such as Your name and email address and any other requested feedback.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Generally, We use the information We collect through this Site:
- to contact You to answer requests for customer support, technical support, and other inquiries;
- to contact You with information and notices related to Your use of this Site;
- to improve the content, functionality, and usability of this Site;
- to better understand Your needs and interests;
- to improve Our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for good faith compliance with the law
- RIGHT TO MAKE A CHOICE
When providing Us with Your information, We will ask You to Consent to Your information being collected and to opt-in to Our emailing lists. You will also have the option to change previously expressed preferences regarding how We use Your information. If at any time You wish to be taken off Our mailing lists, You will have the option to unsubscribe via the link in the email You have received.
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We retain Your information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide You with content and/or updates from Our newsletters, Site, or to comply with applicable law.
VII. HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- Information from Your browser or device. The Site collects Your IP address, the name of Your operating system, the name and version of Your browser, the date and time of Your visit, and the pages You visit through information sent to Us automatically by Your web browser and/or mobile device. Note that the information We receive may depend on Your browser or device settings. The information We receive from Your web browser and device typically is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, We may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify You or We may combine it with information that does identify You.
- Information You Manually Enter. The Site collects the information You manually enter or provide when You use this Site. For example, We collect Your personal information, such as Your name, contact information when You contact Us or comment on Our site.
- Web beacons or pixels. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that usually work in conjunction with cookies and are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, web beacons are invisible on web pages when You open a web page.
- Social Media widgets. Social media widgets are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, etc.) that allow You to interact with those social media services when You view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by the third parties.
- Online Advertising. We use third-party advertising services, like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, to deliver advertising about Our Site. The ads may be based on information We have collected (as outlined above) and information these advertising providers know about You based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on Your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to Your interests.
VIII. THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
In addition to the cookies We deliver to Your computer or mobile device through this Site, certain third-parties may deliver cookies to You for a variety of reasons. For example, We use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps Us understand how visitors engage with Our Site.
You can opt out of Google Analytics. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites You use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Other third parties may also use “cookies” or web beacons to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. We do not have access to or control over “cookies” or other features that such third-party advertisers may use and the information practices of such third-party advertisers and third-party websites are not covered by this Policy.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will do Our best to protect Your personal information. However, We cannot guarantee the security of Your information transmitted through the Site or over email; any transmission is at Your own risk. Whenever We collect sensitive information from You, that information is encrypted and transmitted to Us by secure servers. We have included common indications of such secured features when appropriate such as a closed lock icon in Your web browser. The computers/servers in which We store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR RIGHTS
You have rights in relation to the personal information we collect about You. You have the right to contact Us regarding any of these rights. However, before responding to Your inquiries, We will require You to verify Your identity. Additionally, We may have valid legal reasons to refuse Your request. In such cases, We will let You know. After verification of identity You have the right to:
- know what personal information and data We maintain about You
- request a copy of Your personal information in a structured, commonly used format
- request updates to Your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
- request that We cease Our processing of Your personal information and data
- request that We delete or restrict how We use Your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact Your access to some of Our Services.
- HOW TO OPT OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from Us at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in Your Cal Family Solutions email and following the instructions provided.
We may ask You to provide Us with personal testimonials that will be displayed on Our Site. We will first request Your permission to use any testimonials. If You would like the Site to remove Your testimonial or customer review at any time, please simply contact Us at the information included in this Policy and We will promptly do so.
XIII. CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information We have about You in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of Our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, We will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as We provide with respect to the information We share.
XIV. LEGAL COMPLIANCE
We may disclose personal information about You (1) if We are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when We believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend Our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with Your consent.
- CALIFORNIA USERS
If You are a California resident, You have the right to request certain details about what personal information We share with third parties for third parties’ direct marketing initiatives. Under California’s Do Not Track law (“DNT”), We are required to let You know how We respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. At this time, We do not have a DNT signal policy because further privacy regulations and guidelines are still being established. To submit Your request, send an email to Us here [INSERT LINK TO [email protected]] with the phrase “California Do Not Track,” and include Your mailing address, state of residence, and email address.
XVI. GOVERNING LAW
This Policy will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
Please revisit this page periodically to remain aware of any changes to this Policy. We reserve the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this Policy, by posting such change, update or modification on the Site. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting.
VVIII. HOW TO CONTACT US