Providing Solutions Based Family Law Services
Every family is unique. In every family law matter, there are different issues, needs, personalities, and preferences to contend with. As a Certified Family Law Specialist* in California who has over a decade of experience resolving these issues, I can help.
I am attorney Carsen Tazi. I began my firm, Cal Family Solutions in Sacramento, to be able to work with and guide my clients from the first moment you reach out to my team.
Providing The Guidance And Support You Need For Many Types Of Issues
When people think of family law, they often think of divorce. While it is true that much of my practice is facilitating the divorce process, there are many other issues that I can help with, both during and after the divorce is final. Here are a few of the matters I regularly handle:
- Child custody and visitation: I help clients establish legal and physical custody and schedule visitation during a divorce. I also help with modifications after a divorce.
- Child support: I can help you determine appropriate levels of child support. Your child’s best interest is always at the center of these decisions. Plans should ensure that the children’s needs are met while allowing the each parent to still make ends meet.
- Spousal support/alimony: I will help you understand the difference in types of spousal support and which factors the court looks at for alimony including assisting in more complicated situations with self-employed, unemployed, and retired individuals as each have their own specific considerations.
- Property division: What is community property and what is not? My detail-oriented approach can help you achieve your goals during the equitable division of property with the least disruption to your existing structure and avoiding unnecessary tax consequences.
- Judgment enforcements and collections: If your ex-spouse has not delivered the agreed-upon funds or property, I can assist you in pursuing what’s rightfully yours.
- Paternity & Parentage: If you are not married but have children with your ex, you may need to file a paternity case called a Parentage action. This can be filed by either the father or mother. If the father is not listed on the birth certificate, this may be the most effective means of legally establishing a right to parent that child. A paternity test is not required! It can be requested (if appropriate) but this type of case is used to create custody and visitation rights and to establish support obligations for couples who never married.
- Stepparent adoption: If you refer to your stepchildren as “your children” and their biological parent is no longer in the picture, you may wish to take the next step and protect that relationship by creating the legal rights of a biological parent through adoption. I can assist with every step of this process.
In some cases, mediation may be the most appropriate step to resolving as many disputes and aspects of a case as possible. I offer mediation services for divorcing couples. There are many benefits of mediation to couples who seek mediation as a viable settlement option.
Meet With Me To Find Out How I Can Help
Family law is an emotional and at times complicated area of California law. I know that you have questions about the process. Call 916-287-3237 or send me an inquiry email at my firm. Located in Sacramento, I serve clients throughout the area and counsel clients throughout California on how to find solutions to their legal concerns.
*Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California